Last year, TAG responded to the horrific destruction in Haiti by financially supporting World Hope International. You can learn more about World Hope International here: https://www.worldhope.org/
Below is the update from WHI one year after the earthquake in Haiti.
“Recovery is not an overnight process. Anyone on the mend from a broken bone will tell you that. True recovery requires a little patience, a lot of care and an investment of time and resources to support restoration.World Hope International has been able to do much with the generous donations that streamed in following Haiti’s devastating January 12, 2010 earthquake. One year later, Haiti is working to rebound, and World Hope International has been there every step of the way.”
• 83,200 families received 12,800 food kits as part of WHI’s emergency provision.
• 68,500 bags of water were distributed to displaced Haitians living in tent cities.
• 8,500 adults, 7,300 children and 400 pregnant women have benefited from the health and wellness care provided by WHI’s mobile clinics.
• 2,500 patients received basic care from WHI’s mobile clinics.
• 337 cholera patients received dedicated treatment.
• 16,400 individuals, or 1,800 households, received hygiene and cholera prevention education.
• 7.27 tons of seeds and 145 goats were distributed to help restore Haitian agricultural, the island’s primary source of income generation.
• 300 Hope Corps volunteers from 50 teams traveled to the region to donate their time
• 800 of the earthquake’s youngest victims have received psychological evaluation and care as part of six WHI children’s camps.
• 210 students will continue their education with the completion of one, new school building.
• 34,000 Haitians have received disease prevention information and training thanks to WHI’s volunteer force.
• 2,700 Haitians were put back to work through rubble clearing employment opportunities.
Work Still to Do:
“One year later, through the support of compassionate people such as you, Haiti is recovering, but the nation is far from recovered. World Hope International has been dedicated to the renewal of Haiti since 1996. Our efforts before and after January 12, 2010 have helped manage the aftermath, but there is work still to do.”
Do you support a ministry, missioner, or organization that is working in Haiti? We invite you to talk with us about your desire to support Haiti. One way you can do this is to submit a $500 matching Lockard grant application to TAG! You can also email us at email@example.com
We want to know about those missions you support so that we can support along with you.